Close Menu
Sema YoteSema Yote
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Court
    • Investigation
    • Fraud
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • International
What's Hot
James Mwangi

Another Blow for James Mwangi as Court Refuses to Halt Takeover of Disputed Sh1 Billion Muthaiga Estate

February 5, 2026
REDMI Note 15 Series

Xiaomi Debuts REDMI Note 15 Series in Kenya Featuring “Titan Durability” and 200MP Imaging

January 30, 2026
High Court Halts Auction of KUSCCO Offices

High Court Halts Auction of KUSCCO Offices Over Sh108.8 Million Debt

January 30, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Another Blow for James Mwangi as Court Refuses to Halt Takeover of Disputed Sh1 Billion Muthaiga Estate
  • Xiaomi Debuts REDMI Note 15 Series in Kenya Featuring “Titan Durability” and 200MP Imaging
  • High Court Halts Auction of KUSCCO Offices Over Sh108.8 Million Debt
  • High Court Orders Release and Cremation of Foreign National’s Body After Prolonged Mortuary Delay
  • Fake Canadian Embassy Official Swindles Sh51 Million, Dozens of Kenyan Travellers Stranded Abroad
  • How Logbook Loans Are Offering a Faster Alternative to Traditional Credit
  • Nelson Havi Sets Sights on Westlands Seat Ahead of 2027 Poll
  • DJ Kalonje Pushes Back as YouTuber Oga Obinna Seeks Entry in KSh20M Defamation Case
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Sema YoteSema Yote
Subscribe
Wednesday, February 18
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Court
    • Investigation
    • Fraud
    • Crime
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • International
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Sema YoteSema Yote
Home - Fraud - Public Outcry as Wilson Nahashon Kanani Remains in Office Amid Multi-Million Fraud Allegations

Public Outcry as Wilson Nahashon Kanani Remains in Office Amid Multi-Million Fraud Allegations

Sema YoteBy Sema YoteUpdated:November 29, 2025 Fraud 3 Mins ReadJune 26, 2025
Wilson Nahashon Kanani
Wilson Nahashon Kanani
Share
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Copy Link

Even after the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) filed a Notice of Appeal at the Appellate Court that overturned the High Court Judgement that allowed Wilson Nahashon Kanani, not to forfeit to the state his Kes643.2M assets, which the EACC had declared unexplained wealth, it has been revealed that Mr. Kanani is still working at the City Hall and continues to earn monthly dues.

His stay in office has led to public outcry as calls for his resignation mount.

According to a city advocate, Kanani ought to have stepped aside until his fraud case is heard and determined.

“Normally, Mr. Kanani should have stepped aside to allow his corruption case to be heard and determined. It is so funny that the man continues holding his office in City Hall despite his case, which is of public interest.

The case involves assets worth hundreds of millions, an amount grossly disproportionate to his Sh55,000 monthly salary,” the advocate said.

Wilson Nahashon Kanani
Wilson Nahashon Kanani

The EACC had initially requested the court to order forfeiture to the government of the said assets for allegedly being proceeds of corruption.

In its submissions, EACC had earlier informed the High Court that its investigations unearthed massive wealth to the tune of Kes 1,054,917,466.01 linked to Kanani through bank accounts and companies under his name, spouse, and associates, and when it issued a statutory notice requiring them to explain the wealth, they were ONLY able to satisfactorily explain 407,146,589.04, leaving out Kes 643,213,688.12 unexplained, which, under the prevailing law and judicial precedents, constitutes proceeds of corruption liable to forfeiture to the state.

Before the appellate court overturned Justice
Nixon Sifuna’s verdict on the matter.

EACC had filed a notice of appeal, stating that it was dissatisfied with the judgment and decree of the High Court (Sifuna J). The commission then proceeded and asked the Court of Appeal to set aside the earlier decision.

Justice Nixon Sifuna’s judgment was earlier strongly opposed by the EACC, and while speaking on the phone on the matter while in Istanbul, EACC Spokesperson Eric Ngumbi said the commission considered the judgment a step backwards in the fight against corruption and that allowing it to stand would set a bad judicial precedent, making it easier for corrupt public officials to use their offices as avenues for illicit enrichment and primitive accumulation to the detriment of the public, then go scot-free to enjoy the loot.

Nahashon Kanani Wilson Nahashon Kanani
Previous ArticleOPPOSITION LEADERS JOINED THE MANDAMANO WEDNESDAY.
Next Article EDWIN OKONDO NYAGAGA NABBED WITH BHANG WORTH SH13M IN HIGH STAKES ROAD INTERCEPTION
Sema Yote
  • Website

Keep Reading

Gold Scam

The Shadow Economy Inside Nairobi’s Most Infamous Gold Scams

Brighton Peter, aka Brighton Thee PL

Exposed : How Brighton Peter Aka Brighton Thee PL, Lover and Fake witch Doctor and associates defraud millions to fund their lifestyle

Elvis Muga Ouma

Little known Elvis Muga Ouma now a big man in gold Fraud scandals

Lawyer Stephen Juma Ndeda

Stephen Juma Ndeda Among 18 Accused in Sh500M International Fraud Case

Tabitha Munee Mutua

Exclusive: How Tabitha Munee Mutua allegdgly defrauded her part time bed partner Sh 1.6M

Alphonce Collins Odowo Osewe and Patroba Odhiambo Tobias Allen Ishmael face charges

Advocate Alphonce Collins Odowo Osewe, Patroba Odhiambo Tobias Allen Ishmael Linked to Ksh 35M Gold Scam

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

James Mwangi

Another Blow for James Mwangi as Court Refuses to Halt Takeover of Disputed Sh1 Billion Muthaiga Estate

Court February 5, 2026

The Court of Appeal is a different beast from the trial courts. It’s quieter and…

James Mwangi

Another Blow for James Mwangi as Court Refuses to Halt Takeover of Disputed Sh1 Billion Muthaiga Estate

February 5, 2026
REDMI Note 15 Series

Xiaomi Debuts REDMI Note 15 Series in Kenya Featuring “Titan Durability” and 200MP Imaging

January 30, 2026
James Mwangi

Another Blow for James Mwangi as Court Refuses to Halt Takeover of Disputed Sh1 Billion Muthaiga Estate

Court February 5, 2026

The Court of Appeal is a different beast from the trial courts. It’s quieter and…

REDMI Note 15 Series

Xiaomi Debuts REDMI Note 15 Series in Kenya Featuring “Titan Durability” and 200MP Imaging

Business January 30, 2026Updated:February 3, 2026

NAIROBI, Kenya – Xiaomi has officially unveiled its latest smartphone lineup, the Redmi Note 15…

High Court Halts Auction of KUSCCO Offices

High Court Halts Auction of KUSCCO Offices Over Sh108.8 Million Debt

Court January 30, 2026Updated:January 30, 2026

The High Court has intervened to stop the planned auction of the Kenya Union of…

High Court Orders

High Court Orders Release and Cremation of Foreign National’s Body After Prolonged Mortuary Delay

Court January 24, 2026

The High Court has directed that the body of a foreign woman be released and…

Fake Canadian Embassy Official Swindles Sh51 Million, Dozens of Kenyan Travellers Stranded Abroad

Court January 21, 2026

A Nairobi court has heard how a man allegedly impersonated a Canadian Embassy official to…

Editors Picks
Latest Posts

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Advertisement
logo sunday

News

  • Politics
  • Court
  • International

Company

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Facebook X (Twitter)
  • Guide-to-avoiding-gold-fraud-in-kenya
© 2026 || Sema Yote. || All rights reserved.
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.
Go to mobile version